Tuesday 11 October 2011

Stress, stress, stress.

Upon completing my Esta form this morning I came to realize even though I am going for three months that wasn't within the ninety day time limit. I double checked my math and realized what I'd gotten myself into. A 91 day holiday. This meant that the Esta would not be able to cover me and I would have to apply in person for another type of visa which could take a LOT of time. Changing the flight was going to be next to impossible and as for going to a different country to reset my visa, Mexico is apparently unsafe and Canada is 2 days drive away. Yep, stress number one.

So my boss, (luckily enough) knows the head of the entire travel agency I went with. He was very upset with the travel agent I was with because she should have known that the 18th of Oct - 18th of Jan is longer then 90 days. He did some calling around and managed to find me a new flight to come home by. Around a week early then I was originally staying for, but either way, I'm not outstaying my welcome. The flight was apparently $800 more expensive then my original ticket and luckily the only one left. Apparently he went to a lot of effort to find me a replacement, which I'm so grateful for. However now that I've changed the time I come home apparently immigration will be hard on me with questioning....

The boss of the travel agency said I should be very careful with what I say because they 1. Don't like people who travel for 90 days because it worries them that the person may be planning to out stay their trip. 2. They don't like younger people (I forget why). 3. They dislike people staying with "family" (bleh) 4. Low income earners. Anyway if I say simply. "Josh is my boyfriend" I will be sent home in second. They are trying to stop people from getting a green card and/or getting married. I plan to do neither, which bothers me to beyond. But I am freaking out at the idea that they may just turn me away when I finally arrive. I don't plan to lie to them, I also don't plan to say the words relationship and/or boyfriend to them. But ugh. This is all very well and good that I changed the flight, but now I'm just a stressball rolling in more stress..

I spoke to my travel agent again about my stress and she said seriously not to worry, I spoke to Josh's mum she said it will take 3 - 4 minutes and that's it, i even yahoo answered and got some answers back which still make me worry. Now I'm just >_< Ugh. 7 days.. till possibly coming back? Or what. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment